Shopping - what to know


                    
Before I start on this I just want to confess 'I AM GUILTY'. Whenever I want to go shopping, I go to wherever I want to shop at with the ideal(s) of what I want to purchase but anytime I get there I end up buying different things and overspending, sometimes after shopping I'd realize that I didn't even buy what I intended on in the first place. Lol. It's always a mess. 
Good news : I finally found a way that I can shop without buying unnecessary items or overspending. 
Most of us have this same problem and no matter how hard we try to stop it, it keeps reoccurring. Now my solution may seem a little awkward sometimes I believe it's best we 'MAKE A LIST'! I cannot overemphasize on how essential it is to do a shopping checklist especially when you have the same challenge as I have. 

How do I make a shopping list? 



I will explain just the few tips that I put into consideration and you can see from there how to end up with a good shopping list. If you practice making lists regularly in your day to day endeavors, you would realize how useful it can be. Also, you can read more on how to make a shopping list/ checklist because there are so many articles, posts and images you can download and just fill in what you need to get. 

1. Figure out what you need before hand : We need to keep in mind that nothing lasts forever so as the things you use most frequently begins to reduce we should cultivate the habit of writing them down in a book somewhere, just name the book 'the product book' or something else of your choice. When you do that it can be a means of reminding us as the list gets full that we need to go shopping for new things. Do a quantity check on supplies at home and write down the items you'll need and the number of a particular item. When going clothes shopping, just write out the clothes you need and the number you need. 

2. You need to separate the needs from the wants : Many times we buy unwanted things because at some point we feel like we want these things but in actual sense that's all we do, we just want them but we don't have to have them because we don't need them. For example, I might want new sandals because they're currently popular, everyone has them and they are pretty but the events I have planned for the whole month and probably the whole year does not include me wearing that sort of sandals any time soon. Now, when we don't make lists and we just buy things, the only thing we're doing is occupying space and spending money.

3. Think about your budget : It is important to think about the amount you're about to spend, the amount you currently have to spend and the amount you have to spend on a particular item. Thinking about the budget helps measure quantity, the quantity of a particular item that you can afford. 

4. Storage/space : sometimes we go and buy things without thinking of where we're place all we've gotten. Not everyone might relate with this, personally I don't live in a mansion so I totally relate. Buying too many things or same things over and over can be bad for you if you don't have where to put them, which would either make you sell some things or give them out. We should really put space in mind before OverShopping. 

5. Plan out the trip : Some people like to wait for their list to be full enough first before they go shopping, Like me. Well if you fall under this category, you might have to plan the shopping trip especially if you are going from one store to another or one location to another so that you don't end up driving round and round like a crazy person,lol when you don't find what you need from one store then you have to go back to the store you came out of a while ago. My advice would be to clear out your schedule for the whole day and shop at ease so we don't rush and forget your bag or bags in the store and all those mess and stress that comes with it even the panic.

6. Compare prices : I think this is my favorite step especially whenever I have to shop online. You can either go to different stores or stores online and check the prices that are most agreeable with you before finally purchasing from the store with the most considerable price. I do this especially if I'm going to a bargain market, if you don't you might get cheated. Also, search for discounts, coupons and sales. 

7. Write out the final check list : After doing all the things you can do before going shopping, from writing everything, to separating the needs from the wants and all. The final step would be to write out the final checklist. At this point, the only thing you can do now is to possess self control, people it's 'SELF CONTROL'! I'm emphasizing on it because even as we have a checklist we can decide to deviate from our plans and buy other things that are flashy and pretty but we do not need. 

   As we shop, shop with ease and don't forget to have fun while shopping. Yep! I'm one of those people that would rather go shopping than go dancing, it's totally fun for me. 
                Thank you for reading! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOLIDAY NAIL IDEAS

Workout Outfits - it's not a big deal

Gifts - what to think of when getting the perfect gift.